We appreciate that this has been a very worrying time for all families and that returning to Pre-School may cause anxiety for yourself and/or your child after being secure within your family unit for so long. On this page you will find information about what we are doing to keep everyone safe. We have guidelines to work with from the government as well as the village hall setting out their own Covid safety measures.
If you have any queries please feel free to contact us so that we and we can talk it through.
- We need to maintain social distancing on arrival to the hall.
- Entrance to the hall is from the front but the exit is from the rear of the foyer.
- You will be met by a member of staff.
- One adult to bring child.
- Signing in is in foyer (limited access to hall for parents).
- Children are asked to wash their hands before entry to main hall.
- All areas /equipment are sanitised before the session, during and after.
- Soft furnishings, toys and soft toys that cannot easily be cleaned every day are not used and kept out of reach.
- Doors and windows will be open where possible to allow for ventilation.
- Children are not allowed to bring their own toys into the setting. They should only come to Pre-School with their lunch box, a water bottle and a change of clothes/nappy. Changing items, if required, in a wipeable bag. Named where possible.
- Shared areas and surfaces are cleaned regularly.
- If a child or their teacher shows symptoms and tests positive for Covid-19, then the whole group will be sent home and they must all self-isolate for 14 Days.
- Good hygiene is essential in order to reduce transmission of the virus. As well as thorough and regular hand washing, we support the children to develop and maintain good respiratory hygiene practices.
- We have implemented a detailed new cleaning routine within our setting.